School Board Listening Time
1. The school board shall normally provide a Listening Time at each regular school board meeting. Listening Time provides an opportunity for individuals or groups to present comments, concerns, questions and ideas to the school board and school district administration.
2. Listening Time will normally be for a period of fifteen (15) minutes immediately following the approval of the agenda at regular school board meetings.
3. Individuals or groups wishing to speak during Listening Time must present a Request Form to the school board chair at the beginning of the Listening Time. A copy of the Request Form can be found at the link below. Topics will be heard in the order in which they are received. Any individual or group not presenting a Request Form to the school board chair at the beginning of the Listening Time will not be allowed to speak during the Listening Time.
4. The school board chair will set time limits of 3 minutes for each topic to ensure all topics are heard.
5. The purpose of the Listening Time is to provide individuals or groups to present comments, concerns, questions and ideas, not to engage school board members in a dialogue.
6. Individuals or groups who participate in a Listening Time are expected to keep information accurate and concise. Due to data privacy laws and out of respect for individuals, information regarding specific people, including staff and students, or any personal attacks will not be allowed.